YONKERS, N.Y. – Traffic is moving slowly on the southbound Bronx River Parkway after a car fire caused a temporary shut-down Monday morning in Yonkers.
The car fire was reported just before 8:15 a.m. on the Bronx River Parkway near the Cross County and Sprain Brook parkways. The Yonkers Fire Department reportedly responded as the white car was fully engulfed in flames.
By 9 a.m., traffic was once again moving as the burned car had been cleared and all lanes were reopened.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns