YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Firefighters needed nearly an hour to extinguish a brush fire near the Saw Mill River Parkway early Tuesday morning, according to News 12 Westchester.
The fire was located just north of the soccer field in Tibbetts Brook Park. Lack of water and no access to a fire hydrant created problems for responders and allowed the fire to burn longer than it should have, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime