YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Firefighters needed nearly an hour to extinguish a brush fire near the Saw Mill River Parkway early Tuesday morning, according to News 12 Westchester.
The fire was located just north of the soccer field in Tibbetts Brook Park. Lack of water and no access to a fire hydrant created problems for responders and allowed the fire to burn longer than it should have, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute