YONKERS, N.Y. -- Approximately 60 cars were vandalized in Yonkers in and around the area of Bronxville Road and Midland Avenue late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, according to police officials.
The affected area includes the East and West side of Midland Avenue between Georgia and Desmond Avenues.
According to officials, passenger-side windows were shattered and some of damage occurred in interior garages of buildings.
One vehicle was stolen and later recovered one block from where it was parked, according to officials.
Some valuables were left inside of the vehicles and initial investigations has revealed that the suspect, or suspects, were possibly looking for valet keys, according to officials.
Yonkers police officials are at the scene canvassing the area for video footage.
Additionally, extra patrols will be assigned to the affected area. Vehicle owners are reminded to not keep keys or valuables inside of their vehicle.
Individuals with any information on the incident are asked to call the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Walmart Fined For Overcharging New Yorkers For Coke
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River