SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Xaiver (Xe) Whalen, a former resident of Sleepy Hollow, died of pancreatic cancer on May 27 in a San Francisco hospice. He was 59 years old.
Whalen was born in Yonkers, N.Y., and grew up in Sleepy Hollow. He graduated from Robert Louis Stevenson High School in Manhattan.
After a brief stint in the U.S. merchant marine, Whalen settled in San Francisco and studied art at the Academy of Art and San Francisco City College.
Whalen was the youngest of nine siblings, all of whom survive: Judith of Park Ridge, Ill, Dennis of Portland, Ore., John of Cos Cob, Conn. Michael of Shohola, Pa., Liz Forsythe Fort Meyers, Fla., Patrick of New York City, Suzanne of Cambridge, Mass, Christine McDermott of El Cerrito, Calif., and Luisa Grant of Ashburn, Va.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers