SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Xaiver (Xe) Whalen, a former resident of Sleepy Hollow, died of pancreatic cancer on May 27 in a San Francisco hospice. He was 59 years old.
Whalen was born in Yonkers, N.Y., and grew up in Sleepy Hollow. He graduated from Robert Louis Stevenson High School in Manhattan.
After a brief stint in the U.S. merchant marine, Whalen settled in San Francisco and studied art at the Academy of Art and San Francisco City College.
Whalen was the youngest of nine siblings, all of whom survive: Judith of Park Ridge, Ill, Dennis of Portland, Ore., John of Cos Cob, Conn. Michael of Shohola, Pa., Liz Forsythe Fort Meyers, Fla., Patrick of New York City, Suzanne of Cambridge, Mass, Christine McDermott of El Cerrito, Calif., and Luisa Grant of Ashburn, Va.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime