YONKERS, N.Y. - Thomas A. Grindley of Yonkers died June 30. He was 93.
Grindley was born in New York City and came to Yonkers in 1921. He worked for 39 years as a messenger and shipping clerk. He was a master mason in Consolidated Lodge No. 31 in New York. He was also a Royal Ark Mason. He was a member of the Order of Eastern Star Alpha Chapter No. 1 in which he was also a member.
Grindley is survived by his wife, Hedwig (Heddy); and many nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at David J. Hodder & Son Funeral Home. A Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 in St. Stephen Episcopal Church followed by interment at Kensico Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Stephens Episcopal Church located at 439 E. 238th St., Bronx NY 10470.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 5 Snow Could Return To Yonkers For Monday Morning Commute