YONKERS, N.Y. - Thomas A. Grindley of Yonkers died June 30. He was 93.
Grindley was born in New York City and came to Yonkers in 1921. He worked for 39 years as a messenger and shipping clerk. He was a master mason in Consolidated Lodge No. 31 in New York. He was also a Royal Ark Mason. He was a member of the Order of Eastern Star Alpha Chapter No. 1 in which he was also a member.
Grindley is survived by his wife, Hedwig (Heddy); and many nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at David J. Hodder & Son Funeral Home. A Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 in St. Stephen Episcopal Church followed by interment at Kensico Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Stephens Episcopal Church located at 439 E. 238th St., Bronx NY 10470.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years