YONKERS, N.Y. - Suleiman Musa Rabadi (The Sargent) of Yonkers died Monday, May 19. He was 78.
Rabadi was born Dec. 9, 1935, to Musa and Hajeh in Ajloun, Jordan. He was a businessman and entrepreneur in Yonkers. He was one of the founding parishioners of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church. He was a leader to the Arab American community.
Rabadi is survived by his children, Rammy, Ammir, Diana, Sanah, Roulla, Arlene and Lena; brother, Najib; sisters, Naimeh, Nefal, Fadiah (Victoria), and Huda; and 17 grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 22 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Virgin Mary Church. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday , May 23 at the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church followed by the burial at Mount Hope Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church.Virgin Mary Orthodox Church 236 Grandview Blvd., Yonkers, NY 10710 914-346-8154.
For more information, please visit: www.whalenandballfh.com
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime