YONKERS, N.Y. - Salvatore DiPierro, formerly of Yonkers, died June 7. He was 104.
DiPierro was born March 24, 1910, to Frank and Maria DiPierro in New York City. He spent his entire career working as a draftsman for Con Edison.
DiPierro is survived by his children, Larry (Rose) DiPierro and Andrea DelGiudice; four grandchildren; and four great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Olympia (nee D'Onofrio) DiPierro.
Calling hours are Monday, June 9 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 10 at St.Anthony of Padua Church, West Harrison. Interment at Kensico Cemetery, Valhalla.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Members Of Yonkers Gang Charged With Murder, Other Felonies