YONKERS, N.Y. - Rose Nazario of Yonkers died Tuesday, July 1. She was 93.
Nazario was born May 28, 1921, to Gregory and Antonia (Gregorio) Nazario in Yonkers where she was raised and attended local schools. She worked as a clerk for Cassette Masters in New York City for over 10 years; retiring in 1982. She was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church and a former member of the 3rd Order of St. Francis.
Nazario is survived by several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her brothers, Daniel, John "Red" and Frank "Bibby" Nazario; and sisters, Ann Mazzella and Phyllis Frederico.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 3 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment at St. Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Investigate Two Overnight Shootings In Yonkers; Man Hospitalized
- 3 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Yonkers Police Department Uses Facebook To ID Non-Verbal Woman