YONKERS, N.Y. - Rose Nazario of Yonkers died Tuesday, July 1. She was 93.
Nazario was born May 28, 1921, to Gregory and Antonia (Gregorio) Nazario in Yonkers where she was raised and attended local schools. She worked as a clerk for Cassette Masters in New York City for over 10 years; retiring in 1982. She was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church and a former member of the 3rd Order of St. Francis.
Nazario is survived by several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her brothers, Daniel, John "Red" and Frank "Bibby" Nazario; and sisters, Ann Mazzella and Phyllis Frederico.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 3 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment at St. Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yonkers