YONKERS, N.Y. - Robert P. Kopp of Yonkers died Sunday, June 8. He was 84.
Kopp was born July 18, 1929, to Andrew and Catherine (Lohrfink) Kopp, in Yonkers, where he was raised and graduated from Saunders High School. He was the associate director of Technical Course Development for N.Y. Telephone Co. in New York City until his retirement in 1984.
He was a member of both the Lud-Dales and Amackassin Clubs. He served as past president with the Lud-Dales and membership director with the Amackassin.
He was discharged as a sergeant in the U.S. Army during the Korean war.
Kopp is survived by his wife, Beverly; sons, Robert (Roseanna) Jr., Jeffrey (Theresa) and Steven Kopp; four grandchildren; and one great-grandson. He was predeceased by his son, Donald.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13, from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at the funeral home with Pastor Rob Carter officiating. Interment at Mount Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Police Investigate Possible Homicide After Naked Man Found On Run
- 3 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 4 'Property Brothers' Filming Episodes In Westchester Through August
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam