YONKERS, N.Y. - Robert P. Kopp of Yonkers died Sunday, June 8. He was 84.
Kopp was born July 18, 1929, to Andrew and Catherine (Lohrfink) Kopp, in Yonkers, where he was raised and graduated from Saunders High School. He was the associate director of Technical Course Development for N.Y. Telephone Co. in New York City until his retirement in 1984.
He was a member of both the Lud-Dales and Amackassin Clubs. He served as past president with the Lud-Dales and membership director with the Amackassin.
He was discharged as a sergeant in the U.S. Army during the Korean war.
Kopp is survived by his wife, Beverly; sons, Robert (Roseanna) Jr., Jeffrey (Theresa) and Steven Kopp; four grandchildren; and one great-grandson. He was predeceased by his son, Donald.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13, from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at the funeral home with Pastor Rob Carter officiating. Interment at Mount Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 2 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed