YONKERS, N.Y. - Peter J. Dronzek of Yonkers died Saturday, June 14. He was 79.
Dronzek was born May 12, 1935, to Peter and Josephine (Mynarski) Dronzek in Yonkers where he was raised and attended St. Casimir's Grade School, Saunders High School and Manhattan Community College. He was a printing teacher at Saunders Trades and Technical High School for over 25 years, retiring in 1990. He was a parishioner of Christ the King Church, former member of the Colts Boys Club where he served as baseball director. He was a member of the Navy Reserves.
Dronzek is survived by his wife, Grace; sons, Peter J. (Elaine), David (Caryn), Eric (Joan), and Kenneth (Virginia) Dronzek; nine grandchildren; brothers, Paul and Joseph; and sisters, Teresa Linkowski, Mary Ann O'Connor and Rosemary Dronzek. He was predeceased by his sisters, Agnes Pryzgoda, Josephine Popovic and Dorothy O'Buck.
Calling hours are Monday, June 16 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, June 17 from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, June 18 at 10 a.m. in Christ the King Church with interment to follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years