YONKERS, N.Y. - Nicholas M. Lippolis of Yonkers died Wednesday, July 23. He was 92.
Lippolis was born June 1, 1922, to Gennaro and Rosina Lippolis in Hackensack, N.J., he was raised and educated in Yonkers, graduating from Yonkers High School. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II, stationed in the Pacific Theater. He was a manager for several men's fine clothing stores throughout the New York Metropolitan area for 63 years until his retirement. During his working years, he was a member of the Kiwanis Club.
Lippolis is survived by his wife, Lena; daughter, Patty Vano (Stephen), of Yonkers; sons, John Lippolis (Noreen), of Somers and Dr. Nicholas Lippolis (Loraine), of Nashville, Tenn.; brother-in-law, Dr. Frank D'Alessandro; sister-in-law, Ida Lippolis; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Gerald Lippolis; and brothers, Carmine and Ciro Lippolis.
Calling hours are Friday, July 25 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26 at Sacred Heart Church in Yonkers. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Hastings on Hudson.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 13 New Yonkers Police Officers Graduate From County Academy