YONKERS, N.Y. - Nicholas M. Lippolis of Yonkers died Wednesday, July 23. He was 92.
Lippolis was born June 1, 1922, to Gennaro and Rosina Lippolis in Hackensack, N.J., he was raised and educated in Yonkers, graduating from Yonkers High School. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II, stationed in the Pacific Theater. He was a manager for several men's fine clothing stores throughout the New York Metropolitan area for 63 years until his retirement. During his working years, he was a member of the Kiwanis Club.
Lippolis is survived by his wife, Lena; daughter, Patty Vano (Stephen), of Yonkers; sons, John Lippolis (Noreen), of Somers and Dr. Nicholas Lippolis (Loraine), of Nashville, Tenn.; brother-in-law, Dr. Frank D'Alessandro; sister-in-law, Ida Lippolis; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Gerald Lippolis; and brothers, Carmine and Ciro Lippolis.
Calling hours are Friday, July 25 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26 at Sacred Heart Church in Yonkers. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Hastings on Hudson.
- 1 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed