YONKERS, N.Y. - Nicholas M. Lippolis of Yonkers died Wednesday, July 23. He was 92.
Lippolis was born June 1, 1922, to Gennaro and Rosina Lippolis in Hackensack, N.J., he was raised and educated in Yonkers, graduating from Yonkers High School. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II, stationed in the Pacific Theater. He was a manager for several men's fine clothing stores throughout the New York Metropolitan area for 63 years until his retirement. During his working years, he was a member of the Kiwanis Club.
Lippolis is survived by his wife, Lena; daughter, Patty Vano (Stephen), of Yonkers; sons, John Lippolis (Noreen), of Somers and Dr. Nicholas Lippolis (Loraine), of Nashville, Tenn.; brother-in-law, Dr. Frank D'Alessandro; sister-in-law, Ida Lippolis; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Gerald Lippolis; and brothers, Carmine and Ciro Lippolis.
Calling hours are Friday, July 25 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26 at Sacred Heart Church in Yonkers. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Hastings on Hudson.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Man Wins $5M In Lottery Scratch-Off Game
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely