WAPPINGERS FALLS, N.Y. - Michael Potanovic of Wappingers Falls, formerly of Yonkers, died Wednesday, May 21. He was 52.
Potanovic was born Feb. 28, 1962, to Francis and Elizabeth (Pasquale) Potanovic in Yonkers where he was raised and graduated from Sacred Heart Grade School and Gorton High School. He was a self-employed mechanic and arborist with Mike's Tree Service. He was a parishioner of Christ the King Church.
Potanovic is survived by his father, Francis Potanovic of Wappingers Falls; brother, Robert (Andrea) Potanovic; sisters, Susan (Jim) Coughlin, Janice (John) Marafioti and Barbara (Carl) Penasso; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his mother, Elizabeth.
Calling hours are Friday, May 23 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 24 in Christ the King Church.
Donations in Potanovic’s memory may be made to the Liver Transplant Support Organization, 1335 Mace Ave., Bronx, N.Y. 10469.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm