YONKERS, N.Y. - Michael Bybel, Jr. of Yonkers died Wednesday, July 16. He was 68.
Bybel was born Aug. 1, 1945, to Michael and Irene (Gorman) Bybel in Bronxville. He attended local schools and graduated from Gorton HS. He worked as a repair technician for N.Y. Telephone (Verizon) in Yonkers for over 32 years, retiring in 2000. He was a U.S. Army Veteran. He was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church and a member of the Holy Name Society and the Usher Society.
Bybel is survived by his brother, Frank; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Richard.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 20 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Monday, July 21 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment will be at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years