YONKERS, N.Y. - Michael Bybel, Jr. of Yonkers died Wednesday, July 16. He was 68.
Bybel was born Aug. 1, 1945, to Michael and Irene (Gorman) Bybel in Bronxville. He attended local schools and graduated from Gorton HS. He worked as a repair technician for N.Y. Telephone (Verizon) in Yonkers for over 32 years, retiring in 2000. He was a U.S. Army Veteran. He was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church and a member of the Holy Name Society and the Usher Society.
Bybel is survived by his brother, Frank; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Richard.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 20 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Monday, July 21 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment will be at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case