YONKERS, N.Y. - Mary S. DeVeau (nee Drang), a longtime Yonkers resident, died Saturday, July 13. He was 85.
DeVeau was born on January 15, 1928, in Czechoslovakia, to Anna and Joseph Drang. She came to the U.S. when she was nine and settled in Yonkers. She graduated from Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and attended Commerce High School. She was a baker for the Yonkers Public School System.
DeVeau is survived by her children, Christine Foulke, Dennis DeVeau and Joann (Tom) Panettiere. She was predeceased by her parents; her husband, John M. DeVeau; and three sisters.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Duchynski-Cherko Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 17 at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime