YONKERS, N.Y. - Mary S. DeVeau (nee Drang), a longtime Yonkers resident, died Saturday, July 13. He was 85.
DeVeau was born on January 15, 1928, in Czechoslovakia, to Anna and Joseph Drang. She came to the U.S. when she was nine and settled in Yonkers. She graduated from Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and attended Commerce High School. She was a baker for the Yonkers Public School System.
DeVeau is survived by her children, Christine Foulke, Dennis DeVeau and Joann (Tom) Panettiere. She was predeceased by her parents; her husband, John M. DeVeau; and three sisters.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Duchynski-Cherko Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 17 at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 2 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 4 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon