YONKERS, N.Y. - Mary S. DeVeau (nee Drang), a longtime Yonkers resident, died Saturday, July 13. He was 85.
DeVeau was born on January 15, 1928, in Czechoslovakia, to Anna and Joseph Drang. She came to the U.S. when she was nine and settled in Yonkers. She graduated from Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and attended Commerce High School. She was a baker for the Yonkers Public School System.
DeVeau is survived by her children, Christine Foulke, Dennis DeVeau and Joann (Tom) Panettiere. She was predeceased by her parents; her husband, John M. DeVeau; and three sisters.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Duchynski-Cherko Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 17 at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Police Investigating Robbery At Yonkers Restaurant
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers