YONKERS, N.Y. - Mary S. DeVeau (nee Drang), a longtime Yonkers resident, died Saturday, July 13. He was 85.
DeVeau was born on January 15, 1928, in Czechoslovakia, to Anna and Joseph Drang. She came to the U.S. when she was nine and settled in Yonkers. She graduated from Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and attended Commerce High School. She was a baker for the Yonkers Public School System.
DeVeau is survived by her children, Christine Foulke, Dennis DeVeau and Joann (Tom) Panettiere. She was predeceased by her parents; her husband, John M. DeVeau; and three sisters.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Duchynski-Cherko Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 17 at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Police Investigate Possible Homicide After Naked Man Found On Run
- 3 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 4 'Property Brothers' Filming Episodes In Westchester Through August
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam