YONKERS, N.Y. - Mary S. DeVeau (nee Drang), a longtime Yonkers resident, died Saturday, July 13. He was 85.
DeVeau was born on January 15, 1928, in Czechoslovakia, to Anna and Joseph Drang. She came to the U.S. when she was nine and settled in Yonkers. She graduated from Most Holy Trinity Catholic School and attended Commerce High School. She was a baker for the Yonkers Public School System.
DeVeau is survived by her children, Christine Foulke, Dennis DeVeau and Joann (Tom) Panettiere. She was predeceased by her parents; her husband, John M. DeVeau; and three sisters.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Duchynski-Cherko Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 17 at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 3 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 4 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M