YONKERS, N.Y. - Mario A. Mazzei, a lifelong Yonkers resident, died Tuesday, Sept. 2. He was 89.
Mazzei was born Aug. 19, 1925, to Giovanni and Giulia Morgante Mazzei, in Yonkers, where he was raised and educated. He was a house painter for the International Brotherhood of Painters Union for 40 years until retirement in 1987. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II from 1943 to 1946. He was a pharmacist's mate 3rd Class and was stationed in Okinawa. He was a parishioner of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church.
Mazzei is survived by his sons, George and Mario Mazzei both of Eastchester, Gerard and Alfred Mazzei both of Yonkers; daughter, Cathy Braia of Yonkers; 12 grandchildren; and eight great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Katherine (nee Heine) Mazzei; brothers, Nicholas, Alfred, Alphonse and Vincent Mazzei.
Calling hours are Thursday, Sept. 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Sept. 5 at 10 a.m. in Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church. Interment at St. Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 2 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed