YONKERS, N.Y. - Maria Circosta of Yonkers died July 5. She was 94.
Circosta was born to Rocco and Catherina (Russo) Circosta in Martone, Calabria, Italy. She was a member of the St. Ann's Womens Club.
Circosta is survived by her children, Rosa (Gennaro) Calvi, Michael (Josephine) Circosta, George (Gloria) Circosta, Rocco (Rosemary) Circosta; 11 grandchildren; and 13 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Nunziato; children, Erminia and Esterina; and siblings, George Circosta, Maria Giuseppa Severno and Rosina Verteramo.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 8 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 9 at St. Ann's Church. Entombment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River