YONKERS, N.Y. - Marguerite (Honey) Manning (nee Farrell) of Yonkers died Saturday, July 5. She was 78.
Manning was born Dec. 19, 1935, to Raymond and Julia (Doyle) Farrell in Yonkers where she attended Sacred Heart Grade School and Commerce High School. Mrs. She was the head waitress for Zaren Catering and was the emergency room registrar for Yonkers General Hospital.
Manning is survived by her husband, James Manning of Yonkers; children, Barbara Ann (John) Salkowicz, Dawn (Keith) Levandoski, Carol Lynn Manning, Jean Marie (Dennis) Robertson, Thomas (Leslie) Manning and Sean (Corinne) Manning; 22 grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and sisters, Judith Farrell and Eileen McSpedon. She was predeceased by her son, James Jr.; and siblings, William, John, Arthur, Robert and Raymond Farrell, Helen Greco, Dorothy Farrell, Marion DeMuro, Joan Liber and Mary (Mazie) Farrell.
Calling hours are Monday, July 7 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, July 8 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 9 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern