YONKERS, N.Y. - Manuel Leiriao, a longtime Yonkers resident, died Tuesday, July 22. He was 85.
Leiriao was born Feb. 14, 1929, in Portugal, to Francisco and Joana Matias Leiriao, where he was raised and educated. He was a porter at the Ferncliff Manor Facility in Yonkers for 28 years retiring in 1994. He was a parishioner of Our Lady of Fatima Church in Yonkers.
Leiriao is survived by his wife, Maria of Yonkers; sons, Manuel V. Leiriao (Dionisia), John Leiriao (Isabel) and Jose Leiriao (Christina) all of Yonkers; seven grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, July 25 at 10 a.m. in Our Lady of Fatima Church, Yonkers. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says