YONKERS, N.Y. - Manuel Leiriao, a longtime Yonkers resident, died Tuesday, July 22. He was 85.
Leiriao was born Feb. 14, 1929, in Portugal, to Francisco and Joana Matias Leiriao, where he was raised and educated. He was a porter at the Ferncliff Manor Facility in Yonkers for 28 years retiring in 1994. He was a parishioner of Our Lady of Fatima Church in Yonkers.
Leiriao is survived by his wife, Maria of Yonkers; sons, Manuel V. Leiriao (Dionisia), John Leiriao (Isabel) and Jose Leiriao (Christina) all of Yonkers; seven grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, July 25 at 10 a.m. in Our Lady of Fatima Church, Yonkers. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three