YONKERS, N.Y. – Luis Angel Ramos, a longtime Yonkers resident, died Dec. 4 at St. John's Riverside Hospital. He was 49.
Ramos was born July 5, 1963, in Arecibo, Puerto Rico to Elizabeth Ramos and the late Angel Luis Ramos Sr. He served in the National Guard and was a first responder in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
He is survived by a daughter, Emily Elizabeth Ramos; four brothers, and two sisters.
Visitation is from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Friday at Flynn Memorial Home in Yonkers. There will be a funeral service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Oakland Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 4 Woman Hit By Van On Central Avenue In Yonkers
- 5 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus