YONKERS, N.Y. – Luis Angel Ramos, a longtime Yonkers resident, died Dec. 4 at St. John's Riverside Hospital. He was 49.
Ramos was born July 5, 1963, in Arecibo, Puerto Rico to Elizabeth Ramos and the late Angel Luis Ramos Sr. He served in the National Guard and was a first responder in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
He is survived by a daughter, Emily Elizabeth Ramos; four brothers, and two sisters.
Visitation is from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Friday at Flynn Memorial Home in Yonkers. There will be a funeral service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Oakland Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime