YONKERS, N.Y. - Joseph P. Campanaro, Sr., a lifelong resident of Yonkers, died Aug. 11. He was 90.
Campanaro served in the U.S. Army. He was an educator at Saunders High School in Yonkers and George Westinghouse High School in Brooklyn where he taught carpentry, math and science.
Campanaro is survived by his children, Rachel (Joe) Gaitas, Joanne (Steve) Sassone and Brian (Anne); six grandchildren; a great-grandchild; sisters, Mary Salerno, Lucille Dzubach and Gloria Cohen. He was predeceased by his wife, Eleanor (nee Mancuso); son, Joseph P. Campanaro, Jr.; siblings, Genevieve, Eugene, Peter and Louis Campanaro, Anne Tranquillo and Rose Cammarata.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A Funeral Mass will be celebated at 9:45 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 14 at St. John the Baptist Church with entombment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 Driver Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway Crash In Yonkers ID'd
- 2 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers
- 3 Yonkers Church Holds Final Mass Before Closure
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon