YONKERS, N.Y. - Joseph P. Campanaro, Sr., a lifelong resident of Yonkers, died Aug. 11. He was 90.
Campanaro served in the U.S. Army. He was an educator at Saunders High School in Yonkers and George Westinghouse High School in Brooklyn where he taught carpentry, math and science.
Campanaro is survived by his children, Rachel (Joe) Gaitas, Joanne (Steve) Sassone and Brian (Anne); six grandchildren; a great-grandchild; sisters, Mary Salerno, Lucille Dzubach and Gloria Cohen. He was predeceased by his wife, Eleanor (nee Mancuso); son, Joseph P. Campanaro, Jr.; siblings, Genevieve, Eugene, Peter and Louis Campanaro, Anne Tranquillo and Rose Cammarata.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A Funeral Mass will be celebated at 9:45 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 14 at St. John the Baptist Church with entombment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 5 'Show Me A Hero' Wraps Up Filming In Yonkers