YONKERS, N.Y. - Joseph P. Campanaro, Sr., a lifelong resident of Yonkers, died Aug. 11. He was 90.
Campanaro served in the U.S. Army. He was an educator at Saunders High School in Yonkers and George Westinghouse High School in Brooklyn where he taught carpentry, math and science.
Campanaro is survived by his children, Rachel (Joe) Gaitas, Joanne (Steve) Sassone and Brian (Anne); six grandchildren; a great-grandchild; sisters, Mary Salerno, Lucille Dzubach and Gloria Cohen. He was predeceased by his wife, Eleanor (nee Mancuso); son, Joseph P. Campanaro, Jr.; siblings, Genevieve, Eugene, Peter and Louis Campanaro, Anne Tranquillo and Rose Cammarata.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A Funeral Mass will be celebated at 9:45 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 14 at St. John the Baptist Church with entombment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Car Crashes Into Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Yonkers Woman Accused Of Illegally Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield