YONKERS, N.Y. - John "Garry" McCabe of Yonkers died Tuesday, May 27. He was 85.
McCabe born Dec. 28, 1928, to John F. and Alice (Henebry) McCabe, in Yonkers, where he was raised and graduated from both Gorton High School and Pace University. He was the supervisor for Human Resources for the City of New York for over 30 years, retiring in 1994. He was a Korean Army veteran; parishioner of Sacred Heart Church and former member of their Nocturnal Adoration Society.
McCabe is survived by Fr. John Clermont O.F.M.; cousin, Cap; friend, Debra Pennachio; and caretakers, Vanessa and June. He was predeceased by his brother, Donald.
Calling hours are Sunday, June 1 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Monday, June 2 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment St. Joseph's Cemetery.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Police Investigating Robbery At Yonkers Restaurant
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers