YONKERS, N.Y. - Irene Lorenz Konechny, a lifelong Yonkers resident, died Wednesday, July 2. She was 88.
Konechny was born Oct. 29, 1925, to John and Katherine Smith Kearns in Yonkers, where she was raised and educated. She was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church. She was a former member of the St. Joseph's Club.
Konechny is survived by her son, Joseph Lorenz (Marianne) of Yonkers; stepdaughter, Barbara (George) Rejwan of New Jersey; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a nephew. She was predeceased by all of her siblings. She was predeceased by her husbands, Joseph Lorenz and Edward Konechny.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 6 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, July 7 in Sacred Heart Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Members Of Yonkers Gang Charged With Murder, Other Felonies