KINGSTON, N.Y. - Helen R. (Zinkiewicz) Siuta of Kingston, formerly of Yonkers, died Friday, July 18. She was 96.
Siuta was born in Yonkers, to Gregory and Rosalia (Provozni) Zinkiewicz. She graduated from Commerce High School. She worked for N.Y. Telephone, later AT&T, until her retirement in 1988. She lived in Yonkers for 95 years before moving to Hurley to live with her son and daughter-in-law.
Siuta is survived by her daughters, Linda Gensiejewski of Clarks Summit, Pa.; son, Joseph (Leah) and Ellen (Robert) Dunn of Middletown; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; sister, Dorothy of Dover Plains; many nieces and nephews; brother-in-law, Edward Siuta (Yonkers); sisters-in-law, Rose (Siuta) Godfrey (Shrub Oak) and Jean Siuta (Yonkers). She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph (Joe); brothers, John, Joseph, Eddie, Henry and five infant siblings; son-in-law, Gerald Gensiejewski; brothers-in-law, John Godfrey and Thaddeus, Frank and Cas Siuta; and sister-in-law, Mary (Siuta) Andrews of Ohio.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 1 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Duchynski-Cherko Funeral Home, 111 Yonkers Ave. Yonkers, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 12 p.m. at the Church of St. Casimir, 239 Nepperhan Ave., Yonkers, NY 10701 and burial at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester