YONKERS, N.Y. - Giovanni Monteleone of Yonkers died May 20. He was 89.
Monteleone was born March 11, 1925, to Pietro and Teresa (Magnolo) Monteleone in Reggio Calabria, Italy. After marriage he immigrated to the Bronx from Italy in 1969. He retired from Stella D'Oro Biscuit Company in the Bronx.
Monteleone is survived by his wife, Rosa Siciliano Monteleone; children, Pete (Christine) of Pawling, Domenica Multari (Domenico) of Athens and Ida Siciliano (Joe) of Brewster; seven grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by seven siblings; and two grandchildren.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 21 from 3 to 9 p.m. at the Horn & Thomes, Inc. Funeral Home, 83 East Main St., Pawling. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Church, Pawling, and will then proceed to Pawling Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Hospice of Westchester/Putnam 540, White Plains Road, Suite 300, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
For more information, please visit: http://www.hornandthomesfuneralhome.com
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm