YONKERS, N.Y. - Giovannangela Pilla, a longtime Yonkers resident, died Aug. 25. She was 89.
Pilla is survived by her children, Angelo (Geraldine) Pilla and Gerard (Maria) Pilla; four grandchildren; and sister, Maria Denaro. She was predeceased by her husband, Pierino Pilla; and sisters, Gianbatista and Angelina Mascia.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 27 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Thursday, Aug. 28 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Sinatra Memorial Home, 601 Yonkers Ave. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 29 at Annunciation Church. Entombment at the Woodlawn Mausoleum.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years