YONKERS, N.Y. - Geraldine King nee (Hennessey) of Yonkers died Sunday, June 22. She was 85.
King was born Aug. 5, 1928, to Stephen and Mary (Sullivan) Hennessey in Yonkers where she was raised and graduated from St. Joseph Grade and Sacred Heart High School. She worked as a secretary for the C.I.A. in New York City. She was a parishioner of Christ the King Church; former member of their Rosary Altar Society. She was active with CFCA - Adoptive Children Program and a member of the Fr. Solanus Casey Group.
King is survived by her husband, Robert; daughters, Mary of Yonkers and Norma (Jim) Waring of Mahopac; three grandchildren; brother, Stephen Hennessey; and sister, Mary Dutcher. She was predeceased by her siblings, John Hennessey, Edward Redigan, Beatrice Hennessey, Patricia Quinn and Joan Courchaine.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 26 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, June 27 at 11 a.m. in Christ the King Church. Interment at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
Donations may be made to: Prolife.com or Pro-Life America, 1840 So. Elena Avenue, Suite 103, Redondo Beach, Ca. 90277.
- 1 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Psychologist Faces Charges In Husband's Shooting
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 5 Rivals Stepinac, Iona Prep Meet For CHSFL Football Title