YONKERS, N.Y. - Gerald T. "Jerry" McKenna, a lifelong Yonkers resident, died Monday, June 16. He was 80.
McKenna was born April 10, 1934, to Joseph and Frances DeMeo McKenna in Yonkers where he was raised and educated, graduating from Saunders Trade and Technical School. He was an electrician for the IBEW in White Plains for over 30 years retiring in 1991. He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. He was a member of the military police and was stationed in Germany. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus in both Yonkers and Deerfield Beach, Fla.
McKenna is survived by his wife, Elizabeth; son, Joseph McKenna (Kelly) of Somers; daughters, Kathleen and Sharon McKenna, both of Yonkers; brother, Dennis McKenna of Hopewell Junction; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his sister, Mary Jane Kessler; brother-in- law, Chuck Kessler; and sister-in-law, Jean McKenna.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 18 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. Funeral Service will be held in the funeral home Thursday June 19 at 10 a.m. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory in Hartsdale.
Donations in McKenna’s memory may be made to the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America, 706 Haddonfield Road, Cherry Hill, N.J. 08002 or the American Diabetes Association, 110 Corporate Park Dr. #104, White Plains, N.Y. 10604.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers Reopens After Fatal Crash
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust