YONKERS, N.Y. - Frank V. Fitts of Yonkers died June 29. He was 94.
Fitts was born Sept. 23, 1919, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to John H. and Mary J. Fitts. He graduated from Roosevelt H.S in 1937 and lived in Yonkers for 90 years. He retired from Jenkins Bros in 1982 after working in their NYC office for over 30 years. Prior to that, he served in the U.S. Army for four years during World War II.
Fitts is survived by his wife, Mary F. Fitts; son, David (Dawn); a grandson; a niece; and many other relatives from his extended family.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 1 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. Religious service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 2 in the funeral home chapel. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says