YONKERS, N.Y. - Frank V. Fitts of Yonkers died June 29. He was 94.
Fitts was born Sept. 23, 1919, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to John H. and Mary J. Fitts. He graduated from Roosevelt H.S in 1937 and lived in Yonkers for 90 years. He retired from Jenkins Bros in 1982 after working in their NYC office for over 30 years. Prior to that, he served in the U.S. Army for four years during World War II.
Fitts is survived by his wife, Mary F. Fitts; son, David (Dawn); a grandson; a niece; and many other relatives from his extended family.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 1 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. Religious service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 2 in the funeral home chapel. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester