YONKERS, N.Y. - Frank V. Fitts of Yonkers died June 29. He was 94.
Fitts was born Sept. 23, 1919, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to John H. and Mary J. Fitts. He graduated from Roosevelt H.S in 1937 and lived in Yonkers for 90 years. He retired from Jenkins Bros in 1982 after working in their NYC office for over 30 years. Prior to that, he served in the U.S. Army for four years during World War II.
Fitts is survived by his wife, Mary F. Fitts; son, David (Dawn); a grandson; a niece; and many other relatives from his extended family.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 1 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. Religious service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 2 in the funeral home chapel. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 3 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 4 Yonkers Fatal Hit-And-Run May Have Been Intentional, Police Say
- 5 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC