YONKERS, N.Y. - Frank V. Fitts of Yonkers died June 29. He was 94.
Fitts was born Sept. 23, 1919, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to John H. and Mary J. Fitts. He graduated from Roosevelt H.S in 1937 and lived in Yonkers for 90 years. He retired from Jenkins Bros in 1982 after working in their NYC office for over 30 years. Prior to that, he served in the U.S. Army for four years during World War II.
Fitts is survived by his wife, Mary F. Fitts; son, David (Dawn); a grandson; a niece; and many other relatives from his extended family.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 1 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. Religious service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 2 in the funeral home chapel. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yonkers