YONKERS, N.Y. - Francesco Governali of Yonkers died Aug. 27. He was 93.
Governali was born in 1921, in Corleone, Sicily, Italy. He was a construction worker with Local 135 before retiring.
Governali is survived by his wife, Liboria Pensato Governali; children, Lucy DiMatteo, Carol (Joseph) Castellano and Mary Governali; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his sister, Antoinetta Riina; and grandchild, Joseph Castellano Jr.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Flower Funeral Home Inc., 714 Yonkers Ave. A Mass will be celebrated at 9:45 a.m. Friday, Aug. 29 at St. John the Baptist. Entombment at the Gate of Heaven.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers