YONKERS, N.Y. - Francesco Governali of Yonkers died Aug. 27. He was 93.
Governali was born in 1921, in Corleone, Sicily, Italy. He was a construction worker with Local 135 before retiring.
Governali is survived by his wife, Liboria Pensato Governali; children, Lucy DiMatteo, Carol (Joseph) Castellano and Mary Governali; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his sister, Antoinetta Riina; and grandchild, Joseph Castellano Jr.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Flower Funeral Home Inc., 714 Yonkers Ave. A Mass will be celebrated at 9:45 a.m. Friday, Aug. 29 at St. John the Baptist. Entombment at the Gate of Heaven.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says