YONKERS, N.Y. -- Emma Stewart of Yonkers died Saturday, June 21. She was 91.
Stewart was born March 21, 1923, to Joseph and Emma Belive, in New Rochelle, where she was raised and educated.
She was a parishioner of Christ the King Church where she was a member of the Women's Auxiliary of the Holy Name Society. She also was a member of the Colts Boys Club.
She worked as a floral arranger for Emil Yedowitz Florist for more than 10 years. She was also a line supervisor for Polychrome Corp., Precision Valve, Clairol and Ward Leonard.
Stewart is survived by her son, William (Beverly) Stewart; sister, Marcy Cooper; and sister in law, Anna Belive. She was predeceased by her husband, Alexander J. Stewart; and siblings, Maria Gerard, Joseph, William, Grace and Rose Belive.
Calling hours are Monday, June 23, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. Funeral Service will be held at the funeral home Tuesday, June 24 at 10 a.m.
Donations in Stewart’s memory may be made to the Wounded Warriors Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, Kansas 66675.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway