YONKERS, N.Y. - Eleanor C. DeMatteis (nee Ortlieb) of Yonkers died July 27. She was 82.
DeMatteis was born Nov. 24, 1931, in the Bronx, N.Y., to Eric and Charlotte Ortlieb (nee Schimmrich). After graduating from Walton High School in 1949, she worked as a switchboard operator and payroll administrator for FireDoor (World Steel) in the Bronx. She was a member of the PTA for St. Helena's Grammar School and St. Catharine Academy, both in the Bronx. On DeMatteis was predeceased by her husband, Donato "Danny" DeMatteis.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 31 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Sinatra Memorial Home, 601 Yonkers Ave. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1 at the Church of the Annunciation. Interment will follow immediately at Kensico Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.sinatraffh.com
- 1 Driver Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway Crash In Yonkers ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Church Holds Final Mass Before Closure
- 3 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate