BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Eileen L. Savage of Bronxville died June 9. She was 86.
Savage was born Dec. 24, 1927 in Yonkers and moved with her family to Bronxville in 1962. She was the daughter of Mary Tunston Savage and Claude Savage.
She graduated from Gorton High School and received a BS degree and MA degree from New York University in the field of education and several additional credits in administration. She was a grade level coordinator for the Yonkers Public School System and was appointed principal at School #34, formerly, Emerson School, in 1972 and then appointed principal of School #26 and then School #30 until her retirement in 1988.
Savage spent many years as a volunteer at the Convent of Mary the Queen. She was a member of the Bronxville Senior Citizens since 1988. She was a member of Delta Kappa Gamma Honorary Society.
Savage is survived by many cousins living in the United States, Ireland and England. She was predeceased by her brother, Charles George Savage; and sister, Mary.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Thursday, June 12 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Fred H. McGrath & Son, Funeral Home, Bronxville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 p.m. Friday, June 13 at the Immaculate Conception Church, Tuckahoe.
- 1 Car Crashes Into Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 3 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 5 Yonkers Woman Accused Of Illegally Collecting Unemployment Benefits