STAMFORD, Conn. - Donald M. Kolesar, Sr., a resident of Stamford, formerly of Yonkers, N.Y., died Tuesday, Aug. 12. He was 66.
Kolesar was born Oct. 4, 1947, to Andrew and Matilda Blaner Kolesar, in Yonkers, where he was raised and attended local Yonkers schools. He was a client service representative for the Rexam Co. in Chicago, Ill., for over 35 years until his retirement in 2009. He served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1970, was stationed in Vietnam and achieved the rank of SP4.
Kolesar is survived by his sons, Donald M. Kolesar, Jr. (Susan) of Stamford, David Kolesar of Stamford and John Kolesar and his fiancé, Laura Conley of Westerly, R.I.; brothers, Andrew M. Kolesar, Jr. of Poughquag, N.Y., and Michael Kolesar of Yonkers, N.Y.; and sisters, Arlene Fielding of Hadley, N.Y., and Karen Buyarski of Carrollton, Texas.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Aug. 15 at 10 a.m. in the Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
Donations in Kolesar’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 2 Lyon Place, White Plains, N.Y. 10601-5402.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts