STAMFORD, Conn. - Donald M. Kolesar, Sr., a resident of Stamford, formerly of Yonkers, N.Y., died Tuesday, Aug. 12. He was 66.
Kolesar was born Oct. 4, 1947, to Andrew and Matilda Blaner Kolesar, in Yonkers, where he was raised and attended local Yonkers schools. He was a client service representative for the Rexam Co. in Chicago, Ill., for over 35 years until his retirement in 2009. He served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1970, was stationed in Vietnam and achieved the rank of SP4.
Kolesar is survived by his sons, Donald M. Kolesar, Jr. (Susan) of Stamford, David Kolesar of Stamford and John Kolesar and his fiancé, Laura Conley of Westerly, R.I.; brothers, Andrew M. Kolesar, Jr. of Poughquag, N.Y., and Michael Kolesar of Yonkers, N.Y.; and sisters, Arlene Fielding of Hadley, N.Y., and Karen Buyarski of Carrollton, Texas.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Aug. 15 at 10 a.m. in the Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
Donations in Kolesar’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 2 Lyon Place, White Plains, N.Y. 10601-5402.
- 1 Residents Jump From Porch Roof To Escape Yonkers Fire
- 2 Yonkers Man Charged As Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Saw Mill Experiencing Delays After Morning Fire In Yonkers
- 5 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say