YONKERS, N.Y. - Daniel D. Sabol, a lifelong Yonkers resident, died Thursday, May 15. He was 87.
Sabol was born Feb. 10, 1927, to George and Dora Sabol in Yonkers, where he was raised and educated, graduating from Commerce High School in 1943. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II from 1944 to 1946 as a seaman first class. He was a firefighter for the City of Yonkers from 1955 until his retirement in 1991. He was a member and delegate for Local #628 – IAFF.
Sabol is survived by his sons, Daniel T. Sabol (Patricia) of Yonkers, Robert W. Sabol (Barbara) of Cortlandt Manor, Richard P. Sabol (Janice) of Somers and Raymond M. Sabol (Susan) of Dingmans Ferry, Pa.; daughter, Nancy (Sabol) Cummings; nine grandchildren; and great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Agnes; brothers, George, Joseph, Edward and Raymond Sabol; sisters, Vera, Johanna, Sr. Margaret (Helen) and Mary Sabol; and son-in-law, Daniel Cummings.
Calling hours Monday, May 19 from 3 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, May 20 at 10 a.m. in Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Joseph Cemetery.
- 1 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 Snow Likely In Yonkers On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Yonkers