YONKERS, N.Y. - Dan V. Braia of Yonkers died Aug. 19. He was 92.
Braia was born in Yonkers, to Angelina and Eustachio Braia. He graduated from Saunders H.S and studied electronics. He became a pioneer in the radio and TV Business. He was the owner of Braia's TV on Walnut Street.
He is survived by beloved children Diane Rauber and Ronald (Lynn) Braia, grandchildren Kurt (Samantha) Rauber, Scott and Carly Braia. He is also survived by his great-grandchildren Austin and Tristan Rauber and Zoey Braia, as well as his 95 year old sister Anna Colapietro. Dan was predeceased by his beloved wife Claire on Oct. 4, 2001, his infant son Danny, as well as his brother Joe and sisters Mary, Eleanor and Yolanda.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Park Hill Ave., Yonkers, with interment to follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime