YONKERS, N.Y. - Dan V. Braia of Yonkers died Aug. 19. He was 92.
Braia was born in Yonkers, to Angelina and Eustachio Braia. He graduated from Saunders H.S and studied electronics. He became a pioneer in the radio and TV Business. He was the owner of Braia's TV on Walnut Street.
He is survived by beloved children Diane Rauber and Ronald (Lynn) Braia, grandchildren Kurt (Samantha) Rauber, Scott and Carly Braia. He is also survived by his great-grandchildren Austin and Tristan Rauber and Zoey Braia, as well as his 95 year old sister Anna Colapietro. Dan was predeceased by his beloved wife Claire on Oct. 4, 2001, his infant son Danny, as well as his brother Joe and sisters Mary, Eleanor and Yolanda.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Park Hill Ave., Yonkers, with interment to follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yonkers