YONKERS, N.Y. - Dan V. Braia of Yonkers died Aug. 19. He was 92.
Braia was born in Yonkers, to Angelina and Eustachio Braia. He graduated from Saunders H.S and studied electronics. He became a pioneer in the radio and TV Business. He was the owner of Braia's TV on Walnut Street.
He is survived by beloved children Diane Rauber and Ronald (Lynn) Braia, grandchildren Kurt (Samantha) Rauber, Scott and Carly Braia. He is also survived by his great-grandchildren Austin and Tristan Rauber and Zoey Braia, as well as his 95 year old sister Anna Colapietro. Dan was predeceased by his beloved wife Claire on Oct. 4, 2001, his infant son Danny, as well as his brother Joe and sisters Mary, Eleanor and Yolanda.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Park Hill Ave., Yonkers, with interment to follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Yonkers Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting