YONKERS, N.Y. - Dan V. Braia of Yonkers died Aug. 19. He was 92.
Braia was born in Yonkers, to Angelina and Eustachio Braia. He graduated from Saunders H.S and studied electronics. He became a pioneer in the radio and TV Business. He was the owner of Braia's TV on Walnut Street.
He is survived by beloved children Diane Rauber and Ronald (Lynn) Braia, grandchildren Kurt (Samantha) Rauber, Scott and Carly Braia. He is also survived by his great-grandchildren Austin and Tristan Rauber and Zoey Braia, as well as his 95 year old sister Anna Colapietro. Dan was predeceased by his beloved wife Claire on Oct. 4, 2001, his infant son Danny, as well as his brother Joe and sisters Mary, Eleanor and Yolanda.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Park Hill Ave., Yonkers, with interment to follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern