YONKERS, N.Y. - Dan V. Braia of Yonkers died Aug. 19. He was 92.
Braia was born in Yonkers, to Angelina and Eustachio Braia. He graduated from Saunders H.S and studied electronics. He became a pioneer in the radio and TV Business. He was the owner of Braia's TV on Walnut Street.
He is survived by beloved children Diane Rauber and Ronald (Lynn) Braia, grandchildren Kurt (Samantha) Rauber, Scott and Carly Braia. He is also survived by his great-grandchildren Austin and Tristan Rauber and Zoey Braia, as well as his 95 year old sister Anna Colapietro. Dan was predeceased by his beloved wife Claire on Oct. 4, 2001, his infant son Danny, as well as his brother Joe and sisters Mary, Eleanor and Yolanda.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at F. Ruggiero & Sons, Inc., 732 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704 (914) 375-1400. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25 at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Park Hill Ave., Yonkers, with interment to follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Yonkers.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Police Investigating Robbery At Yonkers Restaurant
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers