YONKERS, N.Y. - Constance Marie Cenelli Ballanno (nee Pistoia), a lifelong Yonkers resident, died Saturday, Aug. 2. She was 86.
Ballanno was born Nov. 12, 1927, to Giuseppe and Rosaria Penuzzi Pistoia in Yonkers where she was raised and educated, graduating from Commerce High School. She worked at Otis Elevator Company and Ruckel Pontiac Dealership in Yonkers. She also worked as a child care giver.
Ballanno is survived by her sons, Thomas R. Cenelli and David A. Cenelli (retired YPD) both of Yonkers; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her sisters, Agatha Batistic, Linda Roberto and Ann Vetrano; and brother, Anthony Carbone.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 7 and Friday, Aug. 8 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Aug. 9 at 10 a.m. in St. Bartholomew's Church. Interment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns