RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Alice M. Schlierf of Ridgefield, formerly of Yonkers, died June 4. She was 82.
Schlierf was born Sept. 12, 1931, in Mt. Vernon, to James J. and Elizabeth Larkin Reilly. She and her husband lived in Yonkers for over 20 years where they raised their family. She retired from her secretarial position at Union Carbide. Recently she had moved to Ridgefield.
Schlierf is survived by her children, Maryann (Thomas) McDonough of Newtown, John Schlierf of Bethel, and James (Janine) Schlierf of Ridgefield; five grandchildren; sisters, MaryAnn Reilly and Elizabeth (Betty) Hodges, both of Yonkers; brother-in-law; sister-in-law; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Frank A. Schlierf; brothers, James J. Reilly of Yonkers and John P. Reilly of Boscawen, N.H.; sister, Kathleen Cottrell of Pelham; and grandson, Brian Schlierf of Ridgefield.
Calling hours are Friday, June 6 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Flower Funeral Home Inc., 714 Yonkers Ave. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 7 at St. John the Baptist Church. Interment Gate of Heaven.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Man Wins $5M In Lottery Scratch-Off Game
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely