YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- A Yonkers teenager was charged with first-degree manslaughter after a reported knife fight on Saturday, March 15.
- New York State Police charged a man with driving while ability impaired after allegedly finding him asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle in the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers.
- Yonkers police are still investigating the cause of a shooting on Tuesday night, according to officials.
- The second burglary in a week has been reported in the Cedar Knolls area of the First Precinct, according to a Yonkers police report.
- A teacher and a teacher's aide at the Bondi School at Leake and Watts in Yonkers were arrested Tuesday after allegedly holding a 13-year-old student down and hitting him, according to News 12.
- A Yonkers man was sentenced to a maximum of 12 years in prison after being convicted on multiple charges including two counts of driving while intoxicated, according to the Westchester District Attorney's Office.
- The Yonkers YMCA seventh-grade boys basketball team brought home the Tri-County Basketball League's championship trophy Sunday with a 49-46 victory over favored Croton-on-Hudson at the College of New Rochelle.
- Yonkers City Council Minority Leader Michael Sabatino is calling on businesses to install carbon monoxide detectors.
- Yonkers native, actor and ex-con Lillo Brancato had an appearance at the Ridgefield Playhouse canceled due to the controversy behind his 2005 arrest.