YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- Two Yonkers schools have been evacuated and a number of students overcome by fumes , News 12 Westchester reports.
- A patient at a Westchester hospital is being monitored for possible Ebola symptoms , Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino announced Wednesday.
- A Yonkers man was killed on Wednesday when he jumped in front of a Metro-North train that was being used to test track integrity, according to LoHud.com.
- A Westchester County police sergeant was arrested and charged with DWI on Tuesday after police responded to a car accident on the Taconic State Parkway, according to LoHud.com.
- Two Yonkers police officers have been indicted on unspecified charges in connection with a falsified search warrant that was used after a suspect jumped out of an apartment window and died, according to LoHud.com.
- Authorities were called to investigate a suspicious white powder that was discovered in Yonkers resident's mail on Sunday, according to News 12 Westchester.
- First responders from Yonkers met with officials from several other tristate area communities in the Bronx to discuss how to handle terrorist attacks, disasters and mass evacuations , according to News 12 Westchester.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.