YONKERS, N.Y. -- The 19-year-old suspect arrested on Tuesday in connection with the fatal shooting of Tyrone Arthur on Dec. 27 has been released from custody and will not be charged, according to police.
Arthur, 38, was shot in the chest and killed after attending a candlelight vigil for a friend. Daquann Stinson was then arrested after being suspected of the crime, but is now free.
The Yonkers Police Department is now offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for the homicide of Tyrone Arthur.
Anyone with information can call the Detective Division at 914-377-7724, all calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the Yonkers Police tips411 anonymous texting program by texting “YPD” plus the tip to 847411.
The investigation is active and ongoing and no further information will be released at this time.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 3 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 4 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M