YONKERS, N.Y. -- The 19-year-old suspect arrested on Tuesday in connection with the fatal shooting of Tyrone Arthur on Dec. 27 has been released from custody and will not be charged, according to police.
Arthur, 38, was shot in the chest and killed after attending a candlelight vigil for a friend. Daquann Stinson was then arrested after being suspected of the crime, but is now free.
The Yonkers Police Department is now offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for the homicide of Tyrone Arthur.
Anyone with information can call the Detective Division at 914-377-7724, all calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the Yonkers Police tips411 anonymous texting program by texting “YPD” plus the tip to 847411.
The investigation is active and ongoing and no further information will be released at this time.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says