YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers lawmakers passed a nearly 12 percent hike in the city's income tax surcharge in an effort to fund a $1 billion budget on Wednesday, June 11, according to LoHud.com.
The budget also includes a 1.8 percent increase in the property tax rate, which keeps the city within the state property tax cap, LoHud.com said.
It was approved by a 6-1 vote, but 11 days after the budget deadline, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says