YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers lawmakers passed a nearly 12 percent hike in the city's income tax surcharge in an effort to fund a $1 billion budget on Wednesday, June 11, according to LoHud.com.
The budget also includes a 1.8 percent increase in the property tax rate, which keeps the city within the state property tax cap, LoHud.com said.
It was approved by a 6-1 vote, but 11 days after the budget deadline, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Car Crashes Into Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Yonkers Woman Accused Of Illegally Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Community Stunned, Saddened By Murder-Suicide Tragedy In Harrison