YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers lawmakers passed a nearly 12 percent hike in the city's income tax surcharge in an effort to fund a $1 billion budget on Wednesday, June 11, according to LoHud.com.
The budget also includes a 1.8 percent increase in the property tax rate, which keeps the city within the state property tax cap, LoHud.com said.
It was approved by a 6-1 vote, but 11 days after the budget deadline, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers