YONKERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- Yonkers Police are assisting FBI divers as they search the Hudson River near the City Pier on Tuesday, officials said. Members of the Yonkers Police Detective Division began what they described as an "article search," according to Yonkers Detective Lt. Patrick McCormack.
- The two victims who were allegedly fired upon and shot by an off duty NYPD officer in Pelham are preparing to file suit against both the officer and the NYPD for $90 million, according to LoHud.com.
- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano welcomed his city's newest medical-services facility when CityMD celebrated the opening of its first Westchester-based offices.
- The Yonkers Board of Education recently voted to approve an Inter Municipal Agreement with the City of Yonkers.
- A vacant home was damaged by fire in Yonkers, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Nine first-year Metro-North conductors were fired while three others were reassigned after they were caught cheating on a safety test during a training session, according to the New York Daily News.
- 1 Residents Jump From Porch Roof To Escape Yonkers Fire
- 2 Yonkers Man Charged As Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Saw Mill Experiencing Delays After Morning Fire In Yonkers
- 5 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say