YONKERS, N.Y. -- Police made an arrest Sunday night in connection to the shooting outside a Yonkers pizzeria Saturday, June 14, that left a 9-year-old girl in critical condition, along with wounding two adults.
According to officials, at approximately 11 p.m. Sunday night, members of the Yonkers Police Detective Division and Youth Crimes Unit arrested a 15-year-old male Yonkers resident.
Police were led to the suspect after a thorough investigation. He has been identified as the alleged shooter, and charged with assault in the first degree, along with criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree.
Because the suspect is a minor, no name will be released at this time, according to officials.
Check back with Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight
- 3 Former Concordia College Assistant Basketball Coach ID'd In Fatal Crash
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway