YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers native Enedina Maya will complete the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute’s competitive, award-winning Congressional Internship Program in Washington this week.
Maya was one of 45 interns chosen out of hundreds of applicants nationwide to spend eight weeks working in Washington, where she was placed in the office of Rep. Nydia Velázquez, D-New York.
Maya studies at The College of St. Rose and is a Time Warner Cable Intern.
“This has been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where I have been able to get an inside look at how Congress works and learn how powerful networking can truly be,” said Maya. “Knowing that I have the privilege of representing the Latino community as well as the ability to become a Latino leader, I hope to bring back what I have learned and continue to advocate for the issues I am passionate about.”
CHCI’s Congressional Internship Program is made up of four key elements: diversity, work experience, leadership development and community service.
“CHCI is creating the next generation of Latino leaders,” said Esther Aguilera, CHCI president and CEO.
CHCI also offers spring and fall internships.
- 1 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 2 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 4 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon