YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers native Enedina Maya will complete the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute’s competitive, award-winning Congressional Internship Program in Washington this week.
Maya was one of 45 interns chosen out of hundreds of applicants nationwide to spend eight weeks working in Washington, where she was placed in the office of Rep. Nydia Velázquez, D-New York.
Maya studies at The College of St. Rose and is a Time Warner Cable Intern.
“This has been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where I have been able to get an inside look at how Congress works and learn how powerful networking can truly be,” said Maya. “Knowing that I have the privilege of representing the Latino community as well as the ability to become a Latino leader, I hope to bring back what I have learned and continue to advocate for the issues I am passionate about.”
CHCI’s Congressional Internship Program is made up of four key elements: diversity, work experience, leadership development and community service.
“CHCI is creating the next generation of Latino leaders,” said Esther Aguilera, CHCI president and CEO.
CHCI also offers spring and fall internships.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Police Investigate Possible Homicide After Naked Man Found On Run
- 3 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 4 'Property Brothers' Filming Episodes In Westchester Through August
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam