YONKERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- An off-duty Ossining police officer was able to help arrest a wanted Yonkers man, Timothy Bryant, 22 , thanks to a pair of light blue sneakers, according to Patch.com.
- Yonkers' Tony Lembeck is being recognized for making an impact on World AIDS Day.
- SafeWise, a home and community security company, has ranked Yonkers among the top 50 safest towns in New York.
- Yonkers native Scott Williams , a writer and producer for CBS-TV's hit drama series "NCIS", wrote Tuesday's episode, "Homesick."
- Facebook founder and Westchester County native Mark Zuckerberg will sell approximately $2.3 billion in shares of his social media company to pay a tax bill, according to Forbes.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.