YONKERS, N.Y. – The city of Yonkers will host a candlelight vigil Sunday evening to remember the victims of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano, the Yonkers City Council and officials from the Yonkers Public Schools will gather at 5:30 p.m. on the Yonkers City Hall Plaza, 40 South Broadway. They will be joined by neighborhood clergy, community leaders and residents.
Officials said the candlelight vigil is an opportunity for Yonkers residents to meet, mourn and remember as a community in response to the 20 young students and six adults killed Friday in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 3 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 4 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train