YONKERS, N.Y. -- Part of a ceiling collapsed near a pastor and a group of volunteers at a Yonkers food pantry that is at the center of a rent dispute on Tuesday, according to News 12.
The pastor, Lourdes Rivera, told News 12 that she had repeatedly asked the landlord of the Lawrence Street building to fix the water-damaged ceiling and faulty wiring before the incident occurred, but no one came to address the situation.
Rivera also reported to News 12 that she was given a written warning that she owed more than $9,000 in rent, but claimed she had made every payment on time.
A spokesperson for the property manager denied all of Rivera's claims, according to the report.
- 1 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 5 'Show Me A Hero' Wraps Up Filming In Yonkers