YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers firefighters will suit up against the boys in blue Saturday in a gridiron showdown for a cause.
The first ever Yonkers Fire Department vs. Yonkers Police Department Flag Football Game will kick off at 6 p.m., under the lights at Gorton High School.
All proceeds from the evening affair will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House NYC in memory of a pair of fallen service members, Firefighter Antonio Rodriques and Yonkers Detective James McCabe.
Rodriques, a 12-year veteran of the fire department died in August at age 49as a result of complications from a hemorrhagic stroke he suffered earlier in the summer.
McCabe, a 25-year veteran of the Yonkers Police Department, died in August at age 52 after a two-year battle with cancer.
There is a suggested donation of $10 for adults, while children under ten are free. In addition to the football game, Saturday’s event will feature a barbecue and a disk jockey.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital