YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers firefighters will suit up against the boys in blue Saturday in a gridiron showdown for a cause.
The first ever Yonkers Fire Department vs. Yonkers Police Department Flag Football Game will kick off at 6 p.m., under the lights at Gorton High School.
All proceeds from the evening affair will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House NYC in memory of a pair of fallen service members, Firefighter Antonio Rodriques and Yonkers Detective James McCabe.
Rodriques, a 12-year veteran of the fire department died in August at age 49as a result of complications from a hemorrhagic stroke he suffered earlier in the summer.
McCabe, a 25-year veteran of the Yonkers Police Department, died in August at age 52 after a two-year battle with cancer.
There is a suggested donation of $10 for adults, while children under ten are free. In addition to the football game, Saturday’s event will feature a barbecue and a disk jockey.
- 1 Missing Yonkers Man Is Located
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Crash Results In Saw Mill Closure
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show