YONKERS, N.Y. -- The annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival at Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers took place on Saturday, Aug. 2.
The event was part of the center’s SummerFest event where both professional and amateur artists created temporary works of art in chalk throughout the Center.
This year, artists focused on the competition’s theme “The 1950s,” in celebration of Cross County Shopping Center’s 60th anniversary.
At the end of the competition, four prizes were awarded to the best works of art (first place - $500, second place - $350, third place - $250, people’s choice - $150).
The winners of the Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival were Eric Munroe-Allen of Dobbs Ferry (tied for first place); Damien Ramirez of Yonkers (second place winner); Wendy Cohen of Irvington (third place winner and People’s Choice winner) and The Gallin Beeler Design Studio Architects in Tarrytown (tied for first place).
Coinciding with the competition, there was an outdoor live band performance by NYC Swing Band, as well as strolling entertainers and children’s activities.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River