YONKERS, N.Y. -- The annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival at Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers took place on Saturday, Aug. 2.
The event was part of the center’s SummerFest event where both professional and amateur artists created temporary works of art in chalk throughout the Center.
This year, artists focused on the competition’s theme “The 1950s,” in celebration of Cross County Shopping Center’s 60th anniversary.
At the end of the competition, four prizes were awarded to the best works of art (first place - $500, second place - $350, third place - $250, people’s choice - $150).
The winners of the Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival were Eric Munroe-Allen of Dobbs Ferry (tied for first place); Damien Ramirez of Yonkers (second place winner); Wendy Cohen of Irvington (third place winner and People’s Choice winner) and The Gallin Beeler Design Studio Architects in Tarrytown (tied for first place).
Coinciding with the competition, there was an outdoor live band performance by NYC Swing Band, as well as strolling entertainers and children’s activities.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime