YONKERS, N.Y. -- The annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival at Cross County Shopping Center in Yonkers took place on Saturday, Aug. 2.
The event was part of the center’s SummerFest event where both professional and amateur artists created temporary works of art in chalk throughout the Center.
This year, artists focused on the competition’s theme “The 1950s,” in celebration of Cross County Shopping Center’s 60th anniversary.
At the end of the competition, four prizes were awarded to the best works of art (first place - $500, second place - $350, third place - $250, people’s choice - $150).
The winners of the Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival were Eric Munroe-Allen of Dobbs Ferry (tied for first place); Damien Ramirez of Yonkers (second place winner); Wendy Cohen of Irvington (third place winner and People’s Choice winner) and The Gallin Beeler Design Studio Architects in Tarrytown (tied for first place).
Coinciding with the competition, there was an outdoor live band performance by NYC Swing Band, as well as strolling entertainers and children’s activities.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Members Of Yonkers Gang Charged With Murder, Other Felonies