WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Nick Califano of Yonkers Brewery, recently graduated from the Academy for Entrepreneurial Excellence in Westchester.
Califano was one of eight members of the class of 2014 who received a certificate at the graduation dinner at Sam’s Gedney Way in White Plains.
The eight graduates are Bonnie Krois of Cure Development, Janeen Violante of Hudson Valley Graphic Design, Jann Mirchandani of The Marketing Café, Hana Rubin of The Maxon Companies, James Simons of Cure Development, Nick Califano of Yonkers Brewery, Stacey Tompkins of Tompkins Landscaping and Ernie Molina of Lola Granola Bar.
The Academy is a partnership between Westchester Community College’s Gateway to Entrepreneurship and The Business Council of Westchester. The local businessmen and women spent 12 weeks immersed in sessions dedicated to bringing their business to the next level.
“When these entrepreneurs decided to grow their businesses, they came to the Academy,” according to WCC. “Unlike most business programs, participants here learn from experts in their fields on how to turn a developing business into a thriving one. “
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway